The Rett Spectrum Clinic is a specialty clinic designed to care for and support children with Rett Syndrome and Rett Related Disorders including CDKL5. The clinic is a collaboration between Washington University School of Medicine and St. Louis Children’s Hospital. Within a clinic visit, patients and their families will meet with several caregivers including neurology, therapy, and nutrition along with other specialists as needed.
Patients that are eligible for the clinic include:
- Clinical Diagnosis of Rett Syndrome or Atypical Rett Syndrome
- Confirmed genetic abnormality in MECP2 (including point mutations, deletions, and duplications)
- Confirmed genetic abnormality in CDKL5
- Confirmed genetic abnormality in FOXG1
- Evaluation for any of the above